Connect with us

Breaking news

‘No Policeman Can Slap A Sitting Governor’ — Police In Ekiti Deny Assaulting Fayose

Published

on

“No policeman can and will slap a sitting governor or deputy; they are our excellencies,” Caleb Ikechukwu, spokesman of the Ekiti State Police Command, said.

 

The Ekiti State Police Command has denied claims by the Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose, that he was assaulted by policemen.

Refuting the allegation on Friday, Caleb Ikechukwu, spokesman of the Ekiti State Police Command, said that no policeman could have slapped him, as the Police respect the office of the Governor

“No policeman can and will slap a sitting governor or deputy; they are our excellencies,” Ikechukwu said.

Explaining the reason for the intervention of the Police in Ekiti, Ikechukwu said two political parties wanted to have their rallies on the same date in Ado-Ekiti but the Commissioner of Police advised the parties to have their activities at different times because of the security implication.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: Fayose Cries On National TV, Says ‘I’m In Severe Pains’

Ikechukwu dismissed reports that the security details attached to the Governor and his deputy were withdrawn, saying: “We are not withdrawing our personnel from the Governor and the Deputy Governor of the state. We respect them, and we can’t take away security from a sitting Governor of a state.”

He added that the heavy security presence in the state is to ensure the safety of voters in the election.

“The deployment, they’ve seen, is to ensure their safety on the election day so that miscreant, hoodlums, thugs will not come to hijack the process.

READ ALSO  PDP Chieftain, Onuesoke Reveals When Tinubu, Governors, Others Will Dump APC

“I want to assure you that the Nigerian police force is transparent. We are not a political body. Our men will not be on mask, and police officers posted to polling units will not carry arms, teargas.

“We will have our stationed tactical team for preemptive situations so that we will not be taken unaware, and that’s why you will see some of our men with arms and tear gas positioned at strategic places.

“We have to protect everybody, the collation centres and and escorts that would protect election materials through the routes to the collation centre. The foreign observers. We have NGOs monitoring the process and these people all need security. The security agencies on ground are a proactive measure.

“We have borders. Ekiti State is surrounded by four states, with over five exit routes. So, when you look at all this, you put security in place so that you don’t allow people to bring in thugs into the state. Then we have to check people and movement, to be sure that hired thugs do not come in to disrupt the election process.”

 

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Breaking news

Done Deal! Real Madrid Announce Signing Of This Brazilian Wonder Kid For £38.7m (Photo)

Published

on

Real Madrid have presented Brazil’s 18-year-old Vinicius Junior as their new £38.7m signing at the Bernabeu Stadium.

The teenager, who can play as a winger or forward, joins from Flamengo after a deal – which is a record for a player under 19 – was agreed a year ago.

Madrid president Florentino Perez said: “He’s a player who is already considered one of the great hopes of Brazilian and world football.”

Vinicius made 37 league appearances for Flamengo, scoring seven goals.’

He played a significant part in the club’s rise to the top of Brazil’s Serie A, contributing six goals and three assists in their opening 11 league and Copa Libertadores matches.

Voted the best player when Brazil won the Under-17 South American Championship last year, Vinicius originally agreed to join Madrid after playing only 17 minutes of senior football.

Presented on the pitch alongside his compatriot, Ronaldo, who scored 104 goals in 177 games for Real between 2002 and 2007, he said: “This is the best opportunity a football player could have.

“I’m honoured to have reached the pinnacle in football, Real Madrid, at only 18 years of age.”

The fee surpasses the initial £36m paid by Manchester United to Monaco for striker Anthony Martial, who was 19 when he became the world’s most expensive teenager in a September 2015 deal that could be worth up to £58m.

However, it is well short of the £166m fee that Paris St-Germain have agreed to pay Monaco for 19-year-old French World Cup winner Kylian Mbappe, who was on loan with them last season.

READ ALSO  ‘2019 Election Will Be The Easiest For President Buhari’ – Nigerian Lawyer

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Breaking news

Celebrity Butt-enhancement Surgeon, Dr Bumbum Arrested Over Death Of Patient (Photo)

Published

on

His mother, accused of being an accomplice, was also arrested. Furtado was considered capable of performing magic on women’s bodies, in particular their bottoms, and became known throughout the country for his expertise.

The 45-year-old’s Instagram account reflects his popularity with 650,000 followers. But he had been on the run since Sunday over the death of a bank employee named Lilian Quezia Calixto, who perished hours after a buttock enlargement procedure at Furtado’s home in the upmarket Barra de Tijuca neighbourhood of Rio.

Calixto had travelled 1,250 miles from her home to see the surgeon. She underwent surgery on Saturday and started feeling sick soon thereafter.

Upon arriving at hospital on Sunday, she was suffering from a racing heart-beat and hypertension, and after four heart attacks she died.

Soon after, Furtado disappeared. He now faces charges of homicide and criminal association. Furtado used a controversial technique in his buttock improvement surgery, injecting a substance called acrylic glass.

The news has caused shockwaves throughout the industry Brazil is second only to the United States for the number of plastic surgeries carried out.

The Brazilian Plastic Surgery Society (SBPC) was quick to denounce Furtado, saying “the growing invasion of non-specialists in the specialty has provoked more and more fatalities like this one.”

“You cannot perform plastic surgery inside an apartment. Many people are selling a dream, a fantasy to patients in an unethical way and people, weakened, are often attracted to low prices, without considering whether or not the conditions are adequate,” SBPC president Niveo Steffen told AFP.

READ ALSO  Patience Jonathan Loses Bid To Reclaim Seized $5.9m

Steffen said the injection of synthetic biopolymers or polymers, like acrylic glass, is very dangerous and has caused dozens of deaths among women in Latin America, especially in Venezuela.

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Breaking news

Fearless Dino Melaye Shuns Threats, Commissions Various Projects In Kogi State (Photos)

Published

on

After receiving threats from thugs not to enter Kogi state, Senator Dino Melaye has shunned their words to storm the state for commissioning of projects.

The Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye, shunned threats from thugs as he stormed his constituency yesterday to commission some projects.

The senator inaugurated the two blocks of four classrooms be built at LGEA Primary School, Tawari, and LGEA primary School, Manyare, the 10- kilometre Manyare-Gegu Beki road and the 15-kilometre Orehi – Irovomi road, all in Kogi Local Government.

Melaye, who also inaugurated a borehole he built at Felele area of Lokoja, said other projects to be inaugurated in the next few days include classroom blocks, rural roads, boreholes, skills acquisition centres as well as rural electrification schemes.

He further charged the people of the communities where the projects were located to protect them from vandals and make the best use of them.

It was reported that some constituency projects meant for commissioning on Wednesday (yesterday) by senator Dino Melaye, were set ablaze by persons suspected to be arsonists.

This happened after some unidentified political thugs warned the senator not to enter Kogi State or else he will be attacked.

The government of Kogi state condemned the burning of projects executed by the lawmaker in the state while reacting to the news.

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
READ ALSO  Huge Chunk Of Dangote’s Fortune Now Kept In Tax Haven
Continue Reading

Contact us

Send a mail to admin@jayreporters.com.ng

Latest post

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Jayreporters.com.ng

Please kindly follow Jayreporters on our social media platform Below