Connect with us

Breaking news

BREAKING: Galadima Asks Court To Declare Him APC Chairman

Published

on

Arguing that the APC did not conduct a valid convention, he said those parading themselves as national officials were doing so illegally. He therefore urged the court to declare the National Working Committee (NWC) positions filled at the convention as “null and void”. He further asked the court to hand over the reins of the party to members of his Reformed All Progressives Congress (R-APC).

 

Buba Galadima, Chairman of the breakaway faction of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has asked the court to annul the June 23 national convention of the party and declare him the National Chairman in the stead of adams Oshiomhole.

Arguing that the APC did not conduct a valid convention, he said those parading themselves as national officials were doing so illegally.

He therefore urged the court to declare the National Working Committee (NWC) positions filled at the convention as “null and void”.

He further asked the court to hand over the reins of the party to members of his Reformed All Progressives Congress (R-APC).

Galadmia is seeking: “A DECLARATION that there being no valid election at the National Convention of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on the 23rd day of June 2018 at the Eagle Square, Abuja, thereby leaving a vacuum, the reform-minded FACTION of APC known as the REFORMED ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (R-APC) validly constituted the Plaintiffs and the other National Officers and State Executives of APC to fill the vacuum and act in interim capacities as officers of the APC.

READ ALSO  So SAD! 1 Dead, Others Injured In Road Accident In Sagamu

“AN ORDER of perpetual injunction restraining the 1st – 52nd Defendants from parading themselves or claiming to be officers of the All Progressives Congress (APC) or performing any function as officers of the Party in any capacity whatsoever as their elections and swearing in as officers of APC are invalid, null and void.

“AN ORDER of perpetual injunction restraining the 53rd Defendant from holding out the 1st – 52nd Defendants as either National Officers, members of the National Working Committee, Zonal Executives or State Executives of the All progressives Congress (APC).

“AN ORDER of perpetual injunction restraining the 53rd Defendant from harassing, intimidating, suspending or expelling any of or all the Plaintiffs from the All Progressives Congress; or taking any steps whatsoever to harass, intimidate, suspend or expel or abridge or terminate the Plaintiffs’ membership, rights and entitlements in the All Progressives Congress.

“7. AN ORDER directing the 54th Defendant to recognize the Plaintiffs who are members of the reform-minded FACTION of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as the current interim National Officers, members of the National Working Committee, Zonal Executives or State Executives of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and accord them all rights and privileges appertaining to the respective offices pending the holding of valid elections by the Party.”

Earlier on Wednesday, Galadima had written to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) asking the commission to invalidate the election of Adams Oshiomhole as National Chairman of the APC.

But Bolaji Abdullahi, spokesman of the party, responded to Galadima’s petition by saying it was “ill-conceived and therefore futile”.

READ ALSO  R-APC's Galadima: 'General Buhari' Will Not Only Lose The 2019 Election, He Will Lose All His Deposits

“In response to colleagues asking for reaction to a letter said to have been written to INEC by Alhaji BUBA GALADIMA, I will like to point out that the action is ill-conceived and therefore futile,” Abdullahi said.

“INEC has no powers to cancel an election it did not organise. Secondly, the man calling for the cancellation of the convention did not contest for any position at the convention; therefore, he has no locus to complain about its outcome.

“Besides, if candidates were not happy with the election process at the convention, they should petition the appeals committee.  INEC cannot help them.”

But Bolaji Abdullahi, spokesman of the party, responded to Galadima’s petition by saying it was “ill-conceived and therefore futile”.

“In response to colleagues asking for reaction to a letter said to have been written to INEC by Alhaji BUBA GALADIMA, I will like to point out that the action is ill-conceived and therefore futile,” Abdullahi had said.

“INEC has no powers to cancel an election it did not organise. Secondly, the man calling for the cancellation of the convention did not contest for any position at the convention; therefore, he has no locus to complain about its outcome.

After leading some aggrieved members of the party to form the R-APC, Galadima went one step better days ago by teaming up with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and 38 other parties to form the Coalition of United Political parties (CUPP).

 

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
READ ALSO  I Can Impeach Buhari, Reformed APC Has Majority In NASS – Buba Galadima
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Breaking news

Done Deal! Real Madrid Announce Signing Of This Brazilian Wonder Kid For £38.7m (Photo)

Published

on

Real Madrid have presented Brazil’s 18-year-old Vinicius Junior as their new £38.7m signing at the Bernabeu Stadium.

The teenager, who can play as a winger or forward, joins from Flamengo after a deal – which is a record for a player under 19 – was agreed a year ago.

Madrid president Florentino Perez said: “He’s a player who is already considered one of the great hopes of Brazilian and world football.”

Vinicius made 37 league appearances for Flamengo, scoring seven goals.’

He played a significant part in the club’s rise to the top of Brazil’s Serie A, contributing six goals and three assists in their opening 11 league and Copa Libertadores matches.

Voted the best player when Brazil won the Under-17 South American Championship last year, Vinicius originally agreed to join Madrid after playing only 17 minutes of senior football.

Presented on the pitch alongside his compatriot, Ronaldo, who scored 104 goals in 177 games for Real between 2002 and 2007, he said: “This is the best opportunity a football player could have.

“I’m honoured to have reached the pinnacle in football, Real Madrid, at only 18 years of age.”

The fee surpasses the initial £36m paid by Manchester United to Monaco for striker Anthony Martial, who was 19 when he became the world’s most expensive teenager in a September 2015 deal that could be worth up to £58m.

However, it is well short of the £166m fee that Paris St-Germain have agreed to pay Monaco for 19-year-old French World Cup winner Kylian Mbappe, who was on loan with them last season.

READ ALSO  ‘APC Has Grossly Under-Performed’ — Saraki’s Chief of Staff Resigns From Ruling Party

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Breaking news

Celebrity Butt-enhancement Surgeon, Dr Bumbum Arrested Over Death Of Patient (Photo)

Published

on

His mother, accused of being an accomplice, was also arrested. Furtado was considered capable of performing magic on women’s bodies, in particular their bottoms, and became known throughout the country for his expertise.

The 45-year-old’s Instagram account reflects his popularity with 650,000 followers. But he had been on the run since Sunday over the death of a bank employee named Lilian Quezia Calixto, who perished hours after a buttock enlargement procedure at Furtado’s home in the upmarket Barra de Tijuca neighbourhood of Rio.

Calixto had travelled 1,250 miles from her home to see the surgeon. She underwent surgery on Saturday and started feeling sick soon thereafter.

Upon arriving at hospital on Sunday, she was suffering from a racing heart-beat and hypertension, and after four heart attacks she died.

Soon after, Furtado disappeared. He now faces charges of homicide and criminal association. Furtado used a controversial technique in his buttock improvement surgery, injecting a substance called acrylic glass.

The news has caused shockwaves throughout the industry Brazil is second only to the United States for the number of plastic surgeries carried out.

The Brazilian Plastic Surgery Society (SBPC) was quick to denounce Furtado, saying “the growing invasion of non-specialists in the specialty has provoked more and more fatalities like this one.”

“You cannot perform plastic surgery inside an apartment. Many people are selling a dream, a fantasy to patients in an unethical way and people, weakened, are often attracted to low prices, without considering whether or not the conditions are adequate,” SBPC president Niveo Steffen told AFP.

READ ALSO  Parents Of Expelled Redeemer's University Student Leader Threaten Legal Action Against Varsity

Steffen said the injection of synthetic biopolymers or polymers, like acrylic glass, is very dangerous and has caused dozens of deaths among women in Latin America, especially in Venezuela.

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Breaking news

Fearless Dino Melaye Shuns Threats, Commissions Various Projects In Kogi State (Photos)

Published

on

After receiving threats from thugs not to enter Kogi state, Senator Dino Melaye has shunned their words to storm the state for commissioning of projects.

The Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye, shunned threats from thugs as he stormed his constituency yesterday to commission some projects.

The senator inaugurated the two blocks of four classrooms be built at LGEA Primary School, Tawari, and LGEA primary School, Manyare, the 10- kilometre Manyare-Gegu Beki road and the 15-kilometre Orehi – Irovomi road, all in Kogi Local Government.

Melaye, who also inaugurated a borehole he built at Felele area of Lokoja, said other projects to be inaugurated in the next few days include classroom blocks, rural roads, boreholes, skills acquisition centres as well as rural electrification schemes.

He further charged the people of the communities where the projects were located to protect them from vandals and make the best use of them.

It was reported that some constituency projects meant for commissioning on Wednesday (yesterday) by senator Dino Melaye, were set ablaze by persons suspected to be arsonists.

This happened after some unidentified political thugs warned the senator not to enter Kogi State or else he will be attacked.

The government of Kogi state condemned the burning of projects executed by the lawmaker in the state while reacting to the news.

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
READ ALSO  ‘APC Has Grossly Under-Performed’ — Saraki’s Chief of Staff Resigns From Ruling Party
Continue Reading

Contact us

Send a mail to admin@jayreporters.com.ng

Latest post

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Jayreporters.com.ng

Please kindly follow Jayreporters on our social media platform Below