Connect with us

Sports

‘I Don’t Want To Land In Kuje Prison’, Says Dalung As He Asks Pinnick To Vacate NFF For Giwa

Published

on

The Federal Government has ordered Chris Giwa, the winner of the Nigeria Football federation (NFF) elections held in 2014, to assume chairmanship of the federation, while the current board under the leadership of Amaju Pinnick vacates office with immediate effect in respect for a court ruling.

Directing Giwa  to assume office, in a statement on Monday, the Minister of Youth and sport Solomon Dalung said: “I have been directed to notify you of the Orders dated June 5th 2018 made by Honorable Justice M. H. Kurya sitting at the Federal High Court Jos in respect of the above mentioned suit between Yahaya Adama Vs Alhaji Aminu Maigari which states that the election of the NFF held on August 26, 2014 under the leadership of Amb Chris Giwa be given recognition pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice filed in this case and that the purported ban of the Executive Committee elected on August 26, 2014 from football activities of the NFF is unconstitutional, null and void.”

Read also: BREAKING! Salah Signs New Contract At Liverpool

Warning that disobedience to the court ruling would constitute a threat to the rule of law, Dalung advised the current board to comply with the order of the court

“It is trite law that court orders are sacrosanct and any acts of disobedience to it constitutes threat to the rule of law,” he said. “Consequent upon the above, you are hereby advised to comply with the orders of court made therein which for now, is the valid and binding order of court, in the absence of any other subsisting order or judgment to the contrary.”

READ ALSO  BREAKING! Salah Signs New Contract At Liverpool

Further pointing that the directive was not from him but was a court order Dalung said: “This is a court order and not from Dalung. I will not want to go to Kuje prison because of disobedience of court orders. Therefore, I hereby comply with the court orders of June 5th 2018, while Mr Amaju Pinnick and others are also directed to comply with same.”

The court order compels all parties involved, from the defendant to the Minister of Youth and Sports, the inspector General of Police and the law enforcement agencies, to enforce the orders made by the the court on 19th September 2014 and 23rd October 2014, and give recognition to the General Assembly Meeting and election of the NFF held on 26th August 2014 under the leadership of Amb Chris Giwa pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice filed in this case.

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Sports

Ex-Chelsea Boss Conte To Sue Chelsea Over Delayed Sacking

Published

on

Antonio Conte is set to take legal action against Chelsea over damage to his career and loss of future earnings following his sacking by the Premier League club, according to reports on Friday.

Conte is believed to be furious Chelsea made him return to pre-season training before finally dismissing him last week to make way for the arrival of new boss Maurizio Sarri.

The Italian, who spent just two years with the Blues, was widely reported to be facing the sack for much of last season after the breakdown in his relationship with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich and the club’s hierarchy.

But Conte was made to wait 55 days after Chelsea’s FA Cup final win over Manchester United before he was axed.

After winning the Premier League in his first season at Stamford Bridge, Conte presided over a dismal collapse the last term, with Chelsea finishing fifth and missing out on a place in the Champions League.

Conte is believed to have received a £9 million pay-off for the year he had remaining on his Chelsea contract, yet the Times reports the former Juventus coach is keen to get additional compensation.

That could trigger an ugly legal battle, with Conte’s lawyers reportedly set to claim the west London club cost their client a year of his career, as all the top management jobs in Europe have been filled.

Real Madrid were believed to be interested in Conte after Zinedine Zidane left in May, while the Italy job was also available earlier this year.

READ ALSO  Press Release: President Buhari Congratulates Chinese Leader On Re-election

The Times also reported Chelsea have threatened to withhold Conte’s contract settlement due to repeated criticism of his employers over their failure to back his transfer demands.

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Sports

Jack Wilshere: Arsenal exit was my decision

Published

on

Jack Wilshere claims that it was his decision to leave Arsenal, with the England international having severed ties with the Gunners after 17 years.

A product of the famed academy system in north London, Wilshere has opted to make a fresh start this summer, with a drop into the free agent pool allowing him to link up with West Ham.

It had been expected that he would be committing to fresh terms at Arsenal, with injury struggles put behind him in 2017-18 to figure on a regular basis under Arsene Wenger.

A deal put to him was changed, however, once Unai Emery took the reins at Emirates Stadium, leading Wilshere to reassess his options and ultimately head for the exits.

He told The Independent: “I decided to leave.

“Which was a decision that took some time to come to.”

Wilshere attracted plenty of interest once it became apparent that he would be on the lookout for a new club, with West Ham winning that race as they kept the 26-year-old in London.

“I’ve had a bond with West Ham since growing up as a kid, going to Upton Park, looking up to the players,” added the all-action midfielder.

“Obviously I had to consider all my options – abroad and in England – but once I sat down, it was clear for me.

“They’ve got real ambitions, they’re playing in a big stadium in front of good fans, and we can really build something special.

“As a team, they went through quite a lot last year, but they’re really tight. That’s going to help us going forward.”

READ ALSO  Just In!! Super Eagles Boss Gernot Rohr Releases Line Up vs Algeria (SEE)

Wilshere believes he is ready to play a leading role for the Hammers under Manuel Pellegrini in 2018-19, with his game in a good place despite the fitness issues of his past and England’s decision to leave him out of their World Cup squad.

He added: “In the past, it’s been difficult.

“But over the last couple of years, I’ve had a really good run.

“I went to Bournemouth and had a great time. The idea was just to prove to myself that I can still play at that level.

“Then I came back, and decided to stay at Arsenal and fight for my place, and I played 30-odd games [38 in all competitions]. So I’ve had a good couple of years.”

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Sports

Sergio Ramos Engages His Long Time Baby Mama With Whom He Has 3 Kids With

Published

on

Real Madrid and Spanish international footballer, Sergio Ramos, has taken a bold step by engaging his long-term girlfriend, Pilar Rubio.

32-year old Sergio Ramos popped the question while on holiday with his 40-year old girlfriend of six years who accepted the proposal which he made at a romantic dinner on Monday evening.

Ramos shared the news on Instagram with two pictures of himself accompanied by his bride-to-be and her new huge ring.

The images were captioned with a simple: ‘She said yes. I love you… forever.’

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
READ ALSO  Man Designs And Drives Locally-Made Combatant Vehicle In Imo (Photos)
Continue Reading

Contact us

Send a mail to admin@jayreporters.com.ng

Latest post

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Jayreporters.com.ng

Please kindly follow Jayreporters on our social media platform Below