Connect with us

Breaking news

Syria Downs Most Missiles Of US, UK, France, And Russia

Published

on

-Syria was able to down most of the missiles launched by U.S, UK and France, Russian Defense Ministry revealed on Saturday.

Syria was able to down most of the missiles launched by U.S, UK and France, Russian Defense Ministry revealed on Saturday.

The ministry said that the missiles were downed by the Arab Republic’s air defenses as they approached their targets.

“The Syrian air defense system has been conducting an anti-air fight,” the ministry added.

According to the Russian Defense Ministry, Syria repelled the Western attack by air defense complexes made in the USSR over 30 years ago.

“Syrian means of air defense: S-125, S-200 air defense systems, Buk and Kvadrat were used in the repelling the missile strike.”

According to the Russian military, the massive missile strike on objects of military and civilian infrastructure was conducted by US warships jointly with the UK and French air forces at 3:42-5:10 Moscow time.

A total of 100 cruise and air-to-surface missiles were launched at targets in Syria, the Russian Defense Ministry stated, noting that two US warships carried out the attack from the Red Sea, as well as tactical aviation over the Mediterranean Sea and B-1B bombers from al-Tanf area.

The Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman, Maria Zakharova, has slammed the Western states’ move, saying that the strike “has been launched at the capital of a sovereign state that has been fighting for survival for years amid terrorist aggression.”

Earlier in the day, the United States, the United Kingdom, and France launched missile strikes on a number of targets in Syria in response to an alleged chemical attack in the Damascus’ suburb of Douma, Eastern Ghouta.

READ ALSO  LASU Dismisses 15 Academic Staff & 2 Non-Academic Staff, Demotes 2 Others

The countries blamed on Damascus despite the launch of a probe into the incident.

On Friday, the Russian Defense Ministry stated that it had proof that the “chemical attack” in Douma had been a provocation and had been staged by Western-backed NGOs, including the White Helmets.

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Breaking news

Done Deal! Real Madrid Announce Signing Of This Brazilian Wonder Kid For £38.7m (Photo)

Published

on

Real Madrid have presented Brazil’s 18-year-old Vinicius Junior as their new £38.7m signing at the Bernabeu Stadium.

The teenager, who can play as a winger or forward, joins from Flamengo after a deal – which is a record for a player under 19 – was agreed a year ago.

Madrid president Florentino Perez said: “He’s a player who is already considered one of the great hopes of Brazilian and world football.”

Vinicius made 37 league appearances for Flamengo, scoring seven goals.’

He played a significant part in the club’s rise to the top of Brazil’s Serie A, contributing six goals and three assists in their opening 11 league and Copa Libertadores matches.

Voted the best player when Brazil won the Under-17 South American Championship last year, Vinicius originally agreed to join Madrid after playing only 17 minutes of senior football.

Presented on the pitch alongside his compatriot, Ronaldo, who scored 104 goals in 177 games for Real between 2002 and 2007, he said: “This is the best opportunity a football player could have.

“I’m honoured to have reached the pinnacle in football, Real Madrid, at only 18 years of age.”

The fee surpasses the initial £36m paid by Manchester United to Monaco for striker Anthony Martial, who was 19 when he became the world’s most expensive teenager in a September 2015 deal that could be worth up to £58m.

However, it is well short of the £166m fee that Paris St-Germain have agreed to pay Monaco for 19-year-old French World Cup winner Kylian Mbappe, who was on loan with them last season.

READ ALSO  Revealed: See The Reason Why Mourinho Wants Manchester United To Sack Him

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Breaking news

Celebrity Butt-enhancement Surgeon, Dr Bumbum Arrested Over Death Of Patient (Photo)

Published

on

His mother, accused of being an accomplice, was also arrested. Furtado was considered capable of performing magic on women’s bodies, in particular their bottoms, and became known throughout the country for his expertise.

The 45-year-old’s Instagram account reflects his popularity with 650,000 followers. But he had been on the run since Sunday over the death of a bank employee named Lilian Quezia Calixto, who perished hours after a buttock enlargement procedure at Furtado’s home in the upmarket Barra de Tijuca neighbourhood of Rio.

Calixto had travelled 1,250 miles from her home to see the surgeon. She underwent surgery on Saturday and started feeling sick soon thereafter.

Upon arriving at hospital on Sunday, she was suffering from a racing heart-beat and hypertension, and after four heart attacks she died.

Soon after, Furtado disappeared. He now faces charges of homicide and criminal association. Furtado used a controversial technique in his buttock improvement surgery, injecting a substance called acrylic glass.

The news has caused shockwaves throughout the industry Brazil is second only to the United States for the number of plastic surgeries carried out.

The Brazilian Plastic Surgery Society (SBPC) was quick to denounce Furtado, saying “the growing invasion of non-specialists in the specialty has provoked more and more fatalities like this one.”

“You cannot perform plastic surgery inside an apartment. Many people are selling a dream, a fantasy to patients in an unethical way and people, weakened, are often attracted to low prices, without considering whether or not the conditions are adequate,” SBPC president Niveo Steffen told AFP.

READ ALSO  Choice Of Presidential Candidates Takese Stage At PDP Retreat

Steffen said the injection of synthetic biopolymers or polymers, like acrylic glass, is very dangerous and has caused dozens of deaths among women in Latin America, especially in Venezuela.

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Breaking news

Fearless Dino Melaye Shuns Threats, Commissions Various Projects In Kogi State (Photos)

Published

on

After receiving threats from thugs not to enter Kogi state, Senator Dino Melaye has shunned their words to storm the state for commissioning of projects.

The Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye, shunned threats from thugs as he stormed his constituency yesterday to commission some projects.

The senator inaugurated the two blocks of four classrooms be built at LGEA Primary School, Tawari, and LGEA primary School, Manyare, the 10- kilometre Manyare-Gegu Beki road and the 15-kilometre Orehi – Irovomi road, all in Kogi Local Government.

Melaye, who also inaugurated a borehole he built at Felele area of Lokoja, said other projects to be inaugurated in the next few days include classroom blocks, rural roads, boreholes, skills acquisition centres as well as rural electrification schemes.

He further charged the people of the communities where the projects were located to protect them from vandals and make the best use of them.

It was reported that some constituency projects meant for commissioning on Wednesday (yesterday) by senator Dino Melaye, were set ablaze by persons suspected to be arsonists.

This happened after some unidentified political thugs warned the senator not to enter Kogi State or else he will be attacked.

The government of Kogi state condemned the burning of projects executed by the lawmaker in the state while reacting to the news.

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
READ ALSO  Champions League!! Real Madrid vs Tottenham on Tuesday @ 7:45pm (Drop Your Predictions & Win ₦2000
Continue Reading

Contact us

Send a mail to admin@jayreporters.com.ng

Latest post

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Jayreporters.com.ng

Please kindly follow Jayreporters on our social media platform Below