Connect with us

Corruption

Emir Sanusi, who wanted to scam him of 5 million

Published

on

Yesterday, A Nigerian man who was impersonating Emir of Kano, Sanusi II with a fake verified Instagram page was arrested after months of manhunt.

The gentleman who is quite active on social media, pretended to be the Emir Sanusi of Kano on Instagram with 262,000 followers – it’s reported that he uses the verified Instagram page to deceive members of the public.

Paul has now reacted to his arrest, and revealed he once had a chat with the alleged Emir who asked him to send N5 million naira to someone with his account.

Paul shared the conversation with the verified Instagram account and wrote; Guy man wan guy Guy man. “Fake Sanusi asked me to help send N5m to someone from my account as he was having issues with his online banking. His voice first gave him away when he spoke. Abeg how former CBN Oga at the top go ask ordinary me for money? Now Dey don gbege am. Lol Naija I hail o. I even answeram with sir!!!! Thunder firefire you dere”

Recall, the Emir stated in a statement that he never authorized any person or organisation to open to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other social media account nor post any message on his behalf – he made this known through his Chief of Staff, Alhaji Munir Sanusi.

He explained that the effect should curb series of calls and inquiries to the office of the Emir Sanusi on purported malicious and fake social media accounts in the name of the monarch.

“We have officially notified the administrators of the fake Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts requesting that the accounts be closed immediately in addition to detecting the identity of the culprits.

“It is important to reiterate that the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II, has persistently stood for the unity of the nation regardless of its diversity.

“He always emphasise the need for tolerance and respect for one another.”

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Business

Globacom, Chief Marketing Officer Hit With $6.7m Fraud Charge

Published

on

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arraigned leading Nigeria telecommunication firm, Globacom Nigeria Limited and its Indian Chief Marketing Officer, Ashok Israni, before Justice A.O. Williams of the Lagos State Special Offences Court Ikeja, over an alleged fraud of $6,786,674.61.

In the one count charge against the company and its chief marketing officer, EFCC said, “Ashok Israni and Globacom Limited, sometime in 2008 in Lagos, within the Ikeja Judicial Division, with intent to defraud, induced Emitac Mobile Solutions LLC, Dubai, United Arab Emirates to confer a benefit on you by permitting Emitac Mobile Solutions LLC to provide you with Blackberry solutions services, valued at USD 6,786,674.64 on the understanding that the benefit will be paid for, which pretense you knew to be false.”

The prosecuting counsel for the EFCC, Mr. A.B.C. Ozioko, said Globacom and Israni acted contrary to Section 1(2)(3) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act No. 14 of 2006.

The defendants did not show up in court on Monday, leading to the presiding Judge adjourning the case till May 15, 2018, for the arraignment of the defendants.

The prosecutor pointed out that EFCC has made efforts to produce Israni, who had been granted an administrative bail by the anti-graft agency.

“My lord, we are sorry we are not able to produce the defendants.mAs part of efforts to ensure that trial commences, we brought the complainants all the way from Dubai. We have no choice but to seek a date for arraignment,” the EFCC prosecuting counsel said before the adjournment of the suit.

 

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Corruption

Saraki, Adeosun Deny N10 billion Fraud Scandal As Saraki Threatens To File Law Suit

Published

on

The Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, has reacted to a PREMIUM TIMES report detailing how her ministry illegally approved N10 billion for the National Assembly.

The report, published on Friday, indicated that Mrs Adeosun released the billions to the lawmakers despite the N125billion appropriated for the federal legislature in the 2017 fiscal year for recurrent and capital expenditures.

The fund was arbitrarily approved for the lawmakers by the minister in collusion with the Accountant General of the Federation, Ahmed Idris.Nigerian Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun

Investigations by PREMIUM TIMES also showed that at least 44 of the 82 contractors the leadership of the National Assembly claimed they were owing were not registered on the National Database of Contractors, a database of the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP). That means they are not eligible to be awarded federal contracts.

A further check by this newspaper revealed that 17 of the 44 firms were not even registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).

In a statement by her media aide, Oluyinka Akintunde, Friday evening, the minister confirmed releasing the fund, but said her action remained legal.

Describing PREMIUM TIMES report as ‘defective,’ Mrs Adeosun claimed that warrants were issued before the billions were moved to the lawmakers.

“The attention of the Honourable Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, has been drawn to a smear campaign by an online medium, Premium Times, of “illegally sharing of N10 billion from the national treasury”.

“The Honourable Minister wishes to debunk the entire mischievous and made-up report of the online medium which negates the ethics and professionalism of journalism. The article displays a worrying lack of understanding of Appropriation, Payments and Control, and therefore be disregarded by the public.

“The Minister further wishes to state that warrants are issued in accordance with Appropriation and after due approval by the Cash Plan Committee chaired by the Minister.”

The statement however failed to explain the process of approval for such warrant.

The minister did not also address salient issues such as the release of funds outside the budget and award of contracts to unqualified companies.

Mrs Adeosun did not also explain why she failed to conduct further due diligence by asking for evidence that the contracts were duly awarded before she approved the funds for the lawmakers.

Another explanation the minister failed to make is why her ministry preferred to give N10billion of the N20billion allocated for the payments of federal contractors to the National Assembly which has a budget that covers all its recurrent and capital spendingsYakubu Dogara

 

Saraki threatens lawsuit over report on alleged N10billion fraud

Rattled by our report that the National Assembly under his leadership illegally received N10billion from the treasury, the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, has threatened to sue PREMIUM TIMES over the publication.

The story entitled: “EXCLUSIVE: Minister Adeosun, Saraki, Dogara, Accountant General in N10 billion fraud scandal”, unearthed the irregularities in the receipt and disbursement of the fund.

The report, published on Friday, indicated the billions were released to the lawmakers despite the N125billion appropriated for the federal legislature in the 2017 fiscal year for recurrent and capital expenditures.

The fund was arbitrarily approved for the lawmakers by the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, in collusion with the Accountant General of the Federation, Ahmed Idris, the report said.

Investigations by PREMIUM TIMES also showed that at least 44 of the 82 contractors Messrs Saraki and Dogara claimed they were owing were not registered on the National Database of Contractors, a database of the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP). That means they are not eligible to be awarded federal contracts.Bukola Saraki

A further check by this newspaper revealed that 17 of the 44 firms were not even registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).

But rather than respond to the substantive issues raised in the report, Mr. Saraki is claiming that he cannot be held liable for how funds are disbursed to the National Assembly and how they are spent.

He is arguing that the top civil servants in the legislature are those that should be made to render accounts.

It did not matter to the Senate President that he is the chairman of the National Assembly, and that the bucks largely stop at his table.

In a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu, the senator challenged the facts presented by PREMIUM TIMES saying they were incorrect.

Mr Saraki announced that he would initiate legal action on the matter.

 

READ THE FULL STATEMENT BELOW:

Premium Times Should Have Known Better: Response to False Publication from Online Platform

Again, our attention has been drawn to a publication by Premium Times which unethically alleges without any proof, reference, attribution or justification that the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, was involved in receiving or sharing any unauthorized funds.

The article, entitled “EXCLUSIVE: Minister Adeosun, Saraki, Dogara, Accountant General in N10 billion fraud scandal”, in both its style, substance, and deliberate spin struggles to connect the Senate President to the receipt and apportioning of funds which the publication describes as “illegal.”

In the absence of any doubt, the Senate President has nothing to do with any payment, receipt or disbursement of any extra-budgetary funds.

It is also important to state for the record that the Premium Times article in question is pure and unmitigated false news. A simple check by Premium Times would have revealed that all funds in the National Assembly are in the custody of the National Assembly Management, which is headed by the Clerk, and not its presiding officers.

Additionally, all contract awards are equally overseen by the National Assembly management, not the presiding officers.

We are aware that for some weeks now, Premium Times has had this story. However, they only contacted us on Wednesday, and the Clerk of the National Assembly, after a phone call from the Special Adviser on Media & Publicity to the Senate President, promised to give them all necessary explanation and documents on this issue.

However, it is obvious that in the bid to rope in Senator Saraki, the reporters of Premium Times could not wait to see the Clerk and rushed to publish the story with outright falsehood​s ​less than 24 hours after the clerk made the aforementioned promise.

We are surprised that without any proof whatsoever, Premium Times was using expressions like: “Senate President Bukola Saraki and Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, have just illegally received and shared”; “Saraki and Dogara submitted”; and “Investigations by PREMIUM TIMES showed that at least 44 of the 82 contractors Messrs Saraki and Dogara…” These are highly defamatory and careless expressions.

It is expected, that the Editors of Premium Times will not be ignorant of the internal procurement and payment process in an organization like the National Assembly that they have covered and “investigated” for as long as they (Premium Times) has been in existence.

We consider this as part of the orchestrated campaign of calumny being waged against Dr. Saraki by some political elements using media platforms in which they have interests.

In this regard, for this careless and unwarranted assault on the person of the Senate President — after several previous warnings — the lawyers of the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, will be initiating legal action on this particular matter.

Finally, we ask the public to disregard the Premium Times piece, and take it for what it is, and will continue to be: “Fake News.”

END

Signed:

Yusuph Olaniyonu

Special Adviser on Media & Publicity to the President of the Senate

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Breaking news

N3.2bn Fraud: NDIC Deputy Director Testifies in Ex-Gov Kalu’s Trial

Published

on

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Tuesday put Deputy Director, Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation, NDIC, Mr. Chidi Chukwuka, in the dock to tender documents indicating how former governor Orji Uzor Kalu diverted public funds to his private company, Slok Nigeria Limited, when he was the governor of Abia State.

Led in evidence by EFCC counsel, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs, the witness said funds were moved from the joint account and major account of Abia State Government domiciled in UBA and then to Slok Nigeria Limited.

The amount moved without being accounted for, according to him, are: N120,000,000; N17,625,000; N4,660,000 and N7,000,000.

According to the document presented, the cheques used to withdraw the aforementioned sums were in the name of the Chief of Staff of Abia State during Kalu’s administration, Theodore Orji.

Investigations carried out indicated that the account was opened in 1999 by Orji Uzor Kalu while he was still the Governor of Abia State, the witness said.

READ ALSO:Police Say 115 Suspects Arrested, No Death In Abuja Shiite Protest

He said that the petition alleged misappropriation of government funds by the Kalu, the properties the Governor was holding in Nigeria, the governor tampered with Ecological funds, the $700,000 (valued in 2018 as $1,289,000) property obtained in Maryland, USA through public fund, the Governor being an executive member of a company among other issues.

However, Jacob sought for an adjournment to enable him to certify some documents, which would be tendered through the witness but have not been certified.

Counsel to the first and second defendants, Professor Awal Kalu, SAN and K.C Nwofo, SAN said they will not oppose the adjournment provided the prosecution will undertake that this will be the last one he will ask for.

Justice Mohammed Idris, therefore, adjourned the case to 24th April 2018 for the witness to furnish the court with more document.

 

Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Contact us

Send a mail to admin@jayreporters.com.ng

Latest post

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Jayreporters.com.ng

Please kindly follow Jayreporters on our social media platform Below