–66 Quarantined in Ogun State due to Lassa Fever Outbreak,
The Ogun State Commissioner for Health, Babatunde Ipaye has confirmed the outbreak of Lassa fever saying a 20-year-old patient tested positive for the virus and has been moved to one of the isolation centres set up by the state government.
Ipaye also said 66 persons who had contact with the victim have been put under observation as he called on residents to remain calm and assured them of adequate response surveillance in the case of another outbreak.
‘Start Thinking Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This’ (Photos)
-According to report made available to Jayreporters media, a certain Facebook user has shared horrible pictures of how Suya meat are being prepared in an dirty and unhygienic environment.
According to him, one needs to think twice before eating the spicy skewered cow meat.
The dirty environment and poor or zero hygiene conditions in which Suya is made and handled in many places in Nigeria, has called for a great concern.
According to the Minister, other forms of meat including Kilishi(spicy dried cow meat) and Ngwo-Ngwo, (assorted meat pepper soup) also lead to the death of many Nigerians as they cause hypertension leading cardiovascular disease in Nigeria and can result in stroke if untreated.
Many Nigerians, however, do not agree with Prof. Adewole as they see the consumption of such delicacies as a must and most times, they come quite cheap.
See the photos below:-
Health: 6 Amazing Benefits of African Star Apple
– African cherry or Africam star apple is popularly called Agbalumo or Udara in different regions in Nigeria, this fruit is widely eaten and relished by many. It is also available in December through April and its botanical name is Chrysophyllum albidum.
It is also rich in protein, carbohydrate, resin, terpenoids, flavonoids, tannins, calcium, phosphorus, and fiber which are all important in the body. The leaves, the bark of the tree, as well as the fruit, provides immense benefits to the body including curing of some diseases and infections. Here are other amazing benefit i bet u didn’t know about this widely consumed fruit.
#1. Detox the Body
African star apple is rich in antioxidant which helps to eliminate free radicals and toxins in the body. The antioxidant also helps to fight deadly diseases.
#2. Beauty Benefits
Vitamin C are an essential nutrient which helps to rejuvenate the skin, prevents skin infections and leaves the skin glowing and beautiful.
#3. Pregnant Women
Pregnant women suffering from nausea, constipation, sore throat and indigestion can eat this fruit as it is acidic and reduces these symptoms very fast. It is advised to be consumed moderately as it could be harmful.
African star apple lowers the blood sugar levels which is recommended to be eaten by diabetic patients.
#5. Weight Loss
African star apple is rich in fiber and low in calories and fat. This helps to reduce the waistline if trying to lose weight.
#6. Prevent Heart-Related Diseases
African star apple lowers cholesterol and blood sugar levels in the body which are very important in preventing heart-related problems.
5 Unbelievable Beauty Benefits of Ginger
– The health benefits of ginger are widely known and it is not an underestimated plant. Even as a spice, it is ranked top among “spices that heal”.
But despite it commonly talked about medicinal value, its beauty benefits are less talked about. Here are some beauty benefits ginger would provide for your hair and skin.
Ginger is very rich in antioxidant which when eaten or applied directly to the skin will detox the body and rejuvenates the skin. This prevents the aging of the skin and leaves it looking beautiful.
#2. Hair growth
Ginger hair mask would stimulate faster hair growth and thicker hair. It will also prevent hair loss.
If your scalp cannot be separated from dandruff, regular ginger hair mask will provide you with relief in no time.
#4. Removes Scars
Applying ginger mixed with lemon and honey to a scar daily will fade your scar over time.
#5. Cure Acne
Looking for a permanent cure for blackheads and pimples? Search no more as a ginger face mask, applied regularly would help to combat it permanently.
Do you love what you've just read? Kindly share and follow us on TwitterFollow us
Send a mail to email@example.com
- TOO GOOD!! King Messi & Coutinho Score As Barcelona Thrash Alaves 3 – 0 [Watch The Goals Highlight]
- Kofi Annan: Buhari And Saraki React To Death Of Former UN Secretary-General
- President Buhari Arrives Abuja After 10-Day London Vacation
- Super Eagles defender William Troost-Ekong signs for Italy’s Udinese in a €3.3m deal
- Bodies of missing pregnant wife and her two daughters found as her husband appears in court after confessing to killing them
- BREAKING: US Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section ‘Until Further Notice’
- ‘99.9% of the guys I’ve ever dated couldn’t satisfy me sexually’ – Actress, Princess Shyngle say as shows off the huge dildo she uses (Photo)
- Bobrisky is mad at fans and has now announced that he will no longer be taking photos with fans
- FFK commends Osinbajo for overhauling SARS, demands justice for IPOB members and Nnamdi Kanu
- Kylie Jenner flaunts her curves and ample bust in new photos
Fashion8 months ago
Men Fashion: Style Inspiration for Men Native Wears in Nigeria
Breaking news9 months ago
Just In: Don Wanny, A Notorious Assassin & Militant In Rivers State, Shot Dead
Sports12 months ago
UEFA Europa League Draw 2017-2018
Celebrity gist10 months ago
Human Ken doll Rodrigo Alves shows off his $29k fake abs
Fashion8 months ago
Style Inspiration: Gorgeous Aso-ebi Lace Styles for Women
Celebrity gist11 months ago
Gucci Mane’s fiancee Keyshia Kaoir steps out nude to the BET HipHop Awards
Celebrity gist10 months ago
Model Anok Yai lands a big offer
Fashion10 months ago
How 19-yr-old Sudanese beauty with ‘glowing’ dark skin Anok Yai Ignites the heart of internet lovers